PE and Sports Premium
PRIMARY PE AND SPORT FUNDING
All UK schools receive funding from the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport. The purpose of the funding is to improve the provision of PE and school sport. This funding is additional to the school’s budget and schools are free to decide how to allocate it in order to best support and improve their provision of physical education and sport.
Impact of PE and Sport Premium
The impact of the funding on pupil participation and attainment in sport activities can be seen in the results of pupil voice interviews and the outcomes of teacher assessment:
- 100% of pupils participating in weekly activities provided by West Lancashire Specialist Sport Partnership coaches,
- 100% teaching/support staff, at some point during the week, involved in observing, being active and supporting teaching as part of on-going Continued Professional Development. This is evidenced in the WLSSP support timetable where the staff role within the lesson is clearly identified.
- 100% SEND pupils participating with 1:1/paired and group support, as required, during weekly sessions.
- 100% of Y6 pupils meet the national curriculum requirement to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of 25m using a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
Termly assessments are completed by WLSSP Specialist Coaches identifying the percentage of pupils working towards, working at and working above expectation in each focused unit.
The school completes a PE and Sports Premium Pupil Voice questionnaire that highlights, for example, the % of pupils that enjoy PE sessions and feel these sessions provide sports they might not otherwise experience.
Sports Funding 2016/17
In 2016/17, we received £8205 through the Primary PE and sport premium. This funding was used to:
- Maintain our involvement in the West Lancashire School Sports Partnership to enable teachers and teaching assistants to work with qualified sports coaches to help them teach PE and facilitate games more effectively. All pupils receive 2x PE sessions each week.
- Fund After-School /Lunchtime activities provided by qualified sports coaches from West Lancashire Schools Sports Partnership
- To subsidise the cost of swimming lessons provided by qualified swimming coaches from West Lancashire Schools Sports Partnership. All KS2 and Year 2 children attended swimming lessons for a given period during the year. The grant helps to fund the cost of any additional lessons and transport.
- To further develop the outdoor playground to provide further physical education opportunities.
- To subsidise any cost of children attending sports activities and competitions provided by the sports partnership.