At Wrightington Mossy Lea Primary School we deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum to our reception children and the National Curriculum 2014 to all children at Key Stages 1 and 2.
Early Years Foundation Stage
Reception children follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
There are 7 areas of learning and development
- Communication and Language,
- Physical Development,
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development,
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
On-going assessment is linked to the Early Learning Goals
Further details of the Early Years Foundation Stage can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/early-years-foundation-stage-framework--2
Key Stages 1 and 2
The Creative Curriculum for the 21st Century
We have adopted the Lancashire Professional Development Support Materials to assist in our curriculum provision. These are a set of high quality support materials that provide a whole school curriculum for the pupils of Wrightington Mossy Lea Primary School.
- identify key learning within each subject area,
- provide progression mapped within and across themes,
- include detailed themed units,
- present a relevant and purposeful 21st Century curriculum,
- provide a model to meet the needs of all children
As we have mixed-age classes at Wrightington Mossy Lea Primary School, areas of learning are planned in rolling programmes to avoid repetition.
The children will also be taught the following key skills and values:
- Be Curious
- Be Knowledgeable
- Be Adventurous
- Be Ambitious
- Be Creative
- Be Collaborative
- Be Reflective
- Be Positive